Popular Posts

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Running from fear & This is probably one of the best playlist...

Hey this girl falls off the grid and comes back with the most favorite yoga playlist to date...

Not Running from fear, now.
Stopping, turning and looking at it for who it is. And usually who it is, is... me.

As I looked around for information about running from fear...
"He also taught that many of our emotions are the result, not the cause, of physical reactions (we are afraid because we run, not the other way round) and that mimicking, say, a smile or a friendly handshake will often produce a feeling of friendliness."
“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.” – Marie Curie
Fear is actually a tool to help us escape danger. It is part of an evolutionary, survival mechanism. When we experience fear, our adrenal glands (located directly above our kidneys) release adrenaline into the blood stream which causes a series of biological reactions in our body.
It increases blood and oxygen flow to our muscles so we can run faster.
It restricts blood flow to other areas such as our stomach.
It dilates our pupils so we can better see things around us.

In our culture real danger is only about 1% of the fear being experienced today. The other 99% is just non-physical fear. Fear living in the head only. When your mind takes you on the fear based path... failure is often the result at the end because your ability to process information and make rational decisions is impaired.

The ability to ground and ask your heart is this real or perceived? If it is real, run like hell... if it is the opposite - well maybe move out of the way, but do not run.
This rant is for all of you too afraid to wait on the ledge... and take a leap of faith...

•Static Waves (feat. Katie Herzig) Andrew Belle
•Who Are We Fooling (feat. Aqualung) Brooke
•Play Goapele
•You Are More Tenth Avenue North
•Attaboy Stuart Duncan, Chris Thile, Edgar Meyer & Yo-Yo Ma
•Cripple Me Elenowen
•Paradise Coldplay
•Nightcall Kavinsky
•Thriller Michael Jackson
•Werewolves of London Warren Zevon
•Lights Ellie Goulding
•The Kids Are Ready to Die The Airborne Toxic Event
•Crash This Train Joshua James
•Better Matthew Mayfield
•She's So Hard The Jezabels
•Break Selah Sue
•The Wilhelm Scream James Blake
•Fire Escape Matthew Mayfield Now You're Free