Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Girl on Tams...



So I am sitting here with a Tim Tam, Timmy & Tammy...

You American, you, your probably wondering "whats a Tim Tam" well it is a biscuit. A chocolate biscuit with a soft center and a chocolaty coat. The first one I ate was humm.. meh. It was a Pepperidge Farm variation and I thought that was a Tim Tam. Don't be fooled.

So when I was offered an Arnott's Original Tim Tam I walked up to it with the same MEH attitude. It wasn't that good to me. But then on my travels with Lisa and Jim I got schooled. The proper respect for the biscuit. Its chocolaty goodness opened up to me in a new way. I got an education in the 3 ways to eat a Tim Tam.
#1. Smell it then just eat it.
#2. Eat it like an Oreo, bite off the top layer, lick the middle section.
#3. (this is fantastic, worth a trip to Cost Plus) Bite all four of the corners off, suck a hot liquid, like coffee, as if the cookie/biscuit became a straw.

Number 3 is by far the way to a deeper understanding of this cookie/biscuit piece of amazement. And an Aussie treasure.

How many people have I treated like a Tim Tam? How many people have I passed off without diving in deeper? Well I am on the Timmy & Tammy band wagon now. When I find myself backing off from what seems like a familiar energy, I'm bitin' off the 4 corners and sucking up some deeper understanding.
Everyone is our mirror, in someway they are reflecting, maybe a hurt, a happiness, a vulnerability, an admiration, a authenticity, a bravery, a timidity, a defiance, a submission... we are illustrations to each other.

This has been a Tim Tam Perspective, rant.
May we understand each other and all our sugary goodnesses.

PS - do you know how you can tell a kindred spirit? They eat lots and lots of Tim Tams with you and never judge. Thank you Lisa and Jim! Here's to a lifetime of biting the corners.

2 comments: