Popular Posts

Monday, March 8, 2010

Girl is back...


OOOOOOO Hello! I have missed you blog. I have so many thoughts, where do I start?

I got on a plane flew to Sydney AU. Got off the plane tired, excited and a bit overly anxious. I needed to take a train to Newcastle where a very lovely friend was waiting for my visit. So I run on down to the train station that is attached to the airport and find that the trains are not working. But the bus system to the next train station is. I run out, into construction, hop around the pylons and jump on the bus, where the driver asks in a very lovely, loud voice "How are you going?" I think by this bus, fool? But I jump and ask him "HOW ARE YOU GOING?"

It is the Aussie Hello. But every time I hear it, makes me jump. 2 weeks on edge, wondering why everyone wants to know "how I'm going" I love it. They also talk a lot about traveling. "How are you traveling?" "Depends on how your traveling?" LOVE this. There is so much wrapped up in these few words. And they actually look at you for the answer. They look you dead in the eyes and ask "How are you traveling?" well for the most part I was floating. Floating in how I could "travel" all by myself. Floating in the excitement of a new country, floating, floating, floating, floating...

Well as soon as I made it to the train station, I realized I traveled heavy. I brought 3 books, a ton of cords, a bunch of toiletries, I needed to buy some new toiletries anyway because America took my shampoo, face wash and sunscreen. Clothes, and I thought I had packed lightly but my back sure hurt. How else was I traveling? Did I carry my problems into my holiday? I think I did. They were heavy. But how do I leave those behind, when I am going to see people I know, who know me? Well I figure this out but only when I get home to my write my blog, but this ramble must go on before I get to that.

I lug my backpack and carry bag onto the train and sort of fall asleep. When I open my eyes there is a couple sitting next to me, we chat. I have a feeling they are on the way to Newcastle for more than a holiday. So I ask them, "how are you traveling?" she answers in total excitement I am going to school for the semester, and he is going to get a job. Well I know it is hard to find a job, not quite as easy as his eyes portray, or is it? He traveled light. I could see it on his being. In that moment, I saw him working in a coffee shop, a psychic moment. She traveled light with excitement, with her young age. Not that she was naive, just happy and not carrying. Carrying the baggage most of us walk around with. The fear of failure, the fear of making a mistake, fear of rejection. She just lacked those fears. How exciting.

Life is a choice, a choice to be a baggage carrier or not. When you move lightly you see the answers. When you travel with stuff how can you possible see the possibilities around you, your weighted down. Everyone has something to offer you, this couple offered me the world in a moment. I am going take it, even if it was weeks later that I realized the importance. Here's the part of the ramble that makes sense... Sometimes the choice comes late, you can still take it.

Traveling light. I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment