Popular Posts

Monday, February 8, 2010

Girl that's a Pine Beetle...

I never watch the news, it is too depressing and I would rather watch "reality" tv. Where I can practice voice dialog, on the unsuspecting cast and crew. LIttle does Snooky know that if she spent a little time nurturing her inner waaaaa'er, she would be able to attract a guy that is not so immature or baby like. But this is a whole nother ramble.

I was watching the news, a story about the Pine Beetle and the many thousands of dead trees and the plans to get rid of them.

Gosh I used to feel so terrible, in my thoughts about all the thousands of trees being over consumed by the beetles. Terrible, terrible I say. Kinda like the humans over consuming everything in our way. Whether it be by destroying physically, land, animals, etc., too destroying one another with negativity, insecurities and just downright abuse. Knowing how nature imitates art, art imitates life thus everything is interconnected. (Do you like how I just made that up and simplified it, I tend to mix things up but in some small way I get it...) But if this is a direct jump out cry from mother nature to stop over consuming one another, planet, species, friends, enemies, I get it.

I know the beetles are just going along with their natural instinct to procreate in a safe environment where there is a perfect food supply, shelter and a great big tree just to suck the life out of. Sounds a little like us? Maybe a little...

But then one day I ended up in this very clever Denver restaurant called Beatrice and Woodsley, where the whole inside is built with Beetle Kill Pine. The wood is the most beautiful wood I have ever seen. There are varying shades of green and blues running thru the grain. Then in the moment of admiration for this wood, I realize we are going thru a process. A weeding out of the old weak ways. The way we have lived just is not going to work for the future. Over consuming, negative words, judgements of self and others is not beautiful.

Our energy is rising to that awareness, of beauty, of love, the beetles in some distorted way get it. They are just trying to survive. As humans lets STOP just trying to survive and Start trying to understand each other. That's beauty.

Thank you nightly news story about Pine Beetles to start this ramble on its roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment